Curd Rice Recipe
Image Source - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Curd_Rice.jpg
Thayir sadam or curd rice is a popular South Indian recipe. Curd rice is made as an offering to the deities in many South Indian temples and later distributed among the devotees as prasadam. It is also an integral part of the South Indian cuisine. Here's the recipe for making delicious curd rice:
Recipe to Make Curd Rice
- Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Cold Milk - 1.5 cups
- Curd - 1.5 cup
- Cream - 2 tbsp
- Salt - according to taste
- Cilantro or coriander - handful and finely chopped
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Channa Dal - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilies - 2
- Green Chilly - 1
- Ginger - 1/2 "piece (minced)
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Cook the rice with two and a half cups of water and some salt. The rice should be a bit overcooked so that they can be easily mashed.
- After cooking the rice, mix and mash up some part of the rice.
- Now add milk to the rice and keep mixing till the milk is absorbed by the rice.
- The rice will cool down when you add cold milk to it. But if the rice is still hot then wait for it to cool down before adding curd. This will prevent the curd from curdling.
- Now add cream and yogurt to the rice and mix well.
- Now heat some oil in the pan for tempering and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Channa dal and urad dal is added to it and wait till it turns reddish brown.
- Now add dry red chilies, curry leaves, finely chopped green chillies and ginger in the pan and fry. If you want to make it rich then you can add raisins and cashews too.
- Now add this tempering to the curd rice. Add finely chopped coriander leaves to it and mix together.
- Curd rice is ready to be served and relished. You can also garnish it with a topping of chopped coriander or fresh fruits like pineapple and pomegranate.
Let us know how you like this article. Like it and Rate it below.
This is one of the easiest jam recipes I have come across. This is a preservative free simple jam recipe which is rich, silky smooth, delicious and better than any store bought jam.
Vegetable fried rice recipe is simple to make and yummy to eat!. Here you can learn to make fried rice Indian Chinese style.
A quick and basic coffee cake recipe given below is light, delicious and delicate. Do try it at home, it will surely taste better than market bought coffee cafe.