How To Make Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Image Source - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nasi_goreng_Solaria_Kuta.JPG
Vegetable fried rice recipe is simple to make and yummy to eat!. Here you can learn to make fried rice Indian Chinese style. Lots of vegetables in the rice make it super healthy! The making procedure is easy and quick. Make it spicy as per your taste.
Vegetable fried rice recipe is one of the popular Indo-Chinese dishes with everyone. It is also a popular street food in India. It is easy to make with lots of vegetables in it. They are healthy and delicious. Below is given the making of vegetable fried rice with ingredients and step by step procedure.
Ingredients required for rice
- 1 cup basmati rice. Long grained rice will also work fine.
- 5 cups of water
- Salt as required.
- Few drops of oil
More ingredients required
- Finely chopped Onions (spring onions do the job better)
- Finely chopped carrots
- Chopped beans, mushroom, capsicum and cabbage (optional vegetables, one can add or skip as per choice)
- Finely chopped ginger (optional)
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar or regular vinegar used for Chinese food.
- Powdered Black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Spring onions for garnishing at the end.
Part 1- Rice
- Wash rice with water till it runs clear of starch that looks white in colour.
- Soak washed rice in water for half an hour.
Drain and keep rice aside.
- In a deep cooking pot boil five cups of water. Add salt and oil as per taste.
- Add the already soaked and drained rice to
- Put the pot on medium flame and cook rice without covering the lid.
- Keeping checking rice in between. When the rice is just cooked or al dente turn off the flame and drain the rice.
- Very gently rinse the rice with cold water. The high temperature or the steam will otherwise cook them further which makes them sticky and not fit for fried rice recipe. Cover rice and keep aside to let them cool completely.
Part 2 – Making fried rice.
- Finely chop all the vegies you have chosen to add in fried rice.
- Beans take more time to cook. It is better to chop them thin. There can be many ways to deal with this situation. You can choose to blanch them first or add beans first for the sauté and then add other vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan or a wok. Add garlic and sauté it for a while. You may choose to add garlic paste but it won’t give the authentic Chinese touch to fried rice. As per your preference, ginger can also be added to wok.
- Add chopped spring onions and sauté till they become little soft.
- Add all other chopped vegetables and include celery. Celery is that one ingredient which has to be in every Chinese preparation.
- At this point of time increase the flame to high and stir fry all the vegetables. Tossing and stirring should be frequently done to cook then uniformly.
- Stir fry the vegies till the time they are properly cooked but still crunchy and crispy.
- Add salt, pepper and soy sauce. Stir it well.
- Add cooked rice, as they will be cooled down by this time. Stir fry quickly and mix rice with vegies.
- The correct time to stop stir frying and turn off the flame is that when rice are fully covered by soy sauce.
- Check salt.
- Serve them hot and add some chopped green spring onions on the top.
- For giving fried rice a sweet taste. You can add tomato ketchup along with soy sauce.
- For making your fried rice spicy in taste, consider adding chili sauce along with soy sauce.
Total cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Fried rice is served with any gravy dish on the side. It tasted better with Manchurian, Cheese chilly, and Mushroom Chilli or Stir fry vegetables in hot garlic sauce. Anything with schezwan sauce can also be teamed up.
Though fried rice recipe looks easy to cook but there are few things that should be taken care of:
- Boiled rice should be al dente or just cooked; otherwise they don’t give the required texture to fried rice.
- Fried rice can also be cooked with left over rice.
- Celery is a must add Chinese ingredient. If you do not have it then simply skip, there is no alternative to it.
- More spices like chili powder, star anise or garam masala can be added as per taste. This recipe however let the vegies add flavour to the dish.
Today I am sharing very healthy and easy recipe of vegetable rava/semolina upma. Anyone can easily prepare this recipe and upma is a good recipe to start with for newbie cooks..
In this Article I have tried to list all the maggi noodles recipe I have experimented with and successfully finished the bowl of tasteful maggi. Maggi has been my all time favourite for almost every evening when I did not felt like munching on casual tea and biscuits, cookies or any other snack..
Today I am going to share easy recipe of rava/suji uttapam. I often make tomato, onion rava/suji uttapam because it’s very easy to make and does not require much preparation time..
to comment on this post.