Simple and Rich Fruit Cake Recipe
Image Source - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Worlds_Best_Fruitcake_Katya_Creates_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.jpg
To make fruit cake at home is a fun. So many fruits make this fruit cake recipe healthy and yummy. You can add your favorite fruit chunks and make it more rich and delicious. Learn this simple recipe that you can make easily at your home.
Fruit Cakes are tempting on a plate, absolute yum to have and super easy to make that even kids can bake. People of all ages are fond of fruitcakes. Enjoy this delicious dessert at home with Vanila Frosting recipe.
White Fruit Cake Recipe
White Fruit cake recipe ingredient list is not so long with all the fruits in it. The preparation time takes 35 minutes and cooking time is 2 hours, but the cake requires almost 11 hours to be ready and
1.5 cups of pineapple chunks. You can also prefer canned packages available in super stores.
3 cups of golden raisins
1.5 cups of cherries
1 cup of dried currants
0.5 cup of orange juice
60 grams of orange peel. You can check for canned packages available in super stores.
60 grams of citron peel. Canned packages are also available in super stores.
8 large eggs
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups of butter
4 cups of confectioners' sugar
4 cups of chopped pecans
Cooking Instructions for White Fruit Cake
- In case you do not have canned packaging of Pineapples, raisins and cherries, you can chop the fruits in a container.
Add currents and orange peel to this.
- Soak all the fruits taken above in orange juice. Let it stand overnight till all the fruits absorb the juice.
- The next day when you are ready to bake the cake. Preheat oven at 275 degrees F or 135 degrees C.
- Take a small pan of water and place it in the oven.
- Take one 5 inch cake pan and two 3 inch cake pans. Grease them evenly with oil. Alternatively you can also use doubled waxed paper. This is to ensure that cake comes out of the cake pan cleanly.
- Take a large bowl and add softened butter with confectioner's sugar in it.
- Beat the egg yolks in a different bowl and then add them to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Next add the overnight prepared fruits, orange juice and chopped pecans to it. Stir everything well.
- Add sifted all-purpose flour in the large bowl and mix all the ingredients. Use medium speed and move in one direction while mixing the cake batter.
- Take another clean large bowl and add egg whites. Beak the whites to peaks and then fold them into the batter prepared in another bowl.
- Pour the final batter in the cake pans while leaving one third of the space. This space will be used by the cake to rise.
- Place these cake pans in the already preheated oven.
- Bake them for 2 hours 15 minutes until the batter turns into golden colour.
- Take a toothpick test. Insert a toothpick in the cake if it comes out clean then it is ready to take out from the pan. If it comes out with sticky cake batter, then bake it for some more time.
- Let the cake cool down for 15 minutes in the cake pan and then remove it.
You can replace any number of fruits or miss out as per your taste and choice.
Vanilla Frosting on White Fruit Cake
Decorate your white fruit cake with white vanilla frosting.
300 grams of butter (unsalted)
5 cups of confectioners’ sugar
1 table spoon of pure vanilla extract
2 table spoons of milk
Instructions to prepare vanilla frosting on White Fruit Cake
- For vanilla frosting we prefer unsalted butter, softened at room temperature.
- Take a large bowl and beat the softened butter with the help of a mixer or a hand blender. Prefer to run the mixer on a medium speed and continue mixing it till the butter becomes creamy. This whole thing will take approximately 1 minute.
- Add one cup of confectioners’ sugar and beat with butter until it becomes smooth. Continue adding one cup at time and mix all the sugar to make it smooth paste.
- Once 5 cups of confectioners’ sugar gets blended add pure vanilla extract and 1 table spoon milk to it.
- Mix everything with the help of mixer and high speed until it becomes fluffy.
- You can add 1 table spoon of milk if you feel necessary.
- Decorate the cake with this frosting.
- Slice and serve.
Do try this yummy, easy fruit cake recipe at your home. I am sure all the family members will love it.
More Cake Recipes to make at Home:
Easy Banana Cake Recipe
Chocolate Cake Recipe to make at Home
Let us know how you like this article. Like it and Rate it below.
Thanks for rating this article
0 stars - by
Neha loves writing for expertscolumn as she consider this writing website as one of the best platform for writers to get noticed and earn online.
Today I am sharing very healthy and easy recipe of vegetable rava/semolina upma. Anyone can easily prepare this recipe and upma is a good recipe to start with for newbie cooks..
Carrot cake is healthy to eat and easy to make. This simple carrot cake recipe will make you lick your fingers.
Chocolate cake recipes are very special because everyone from kids to young ones loves eating chocolates! Moist chocolate cakes are yummy and simple in making. These cakes are rich in taste and can be served as dessert.