Easy, Tasty Coffee Cake Recipe to Make At Home
Image Source - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Coffee_walnut_cake_(6886305509).jpg
A quick and basic coffee cake recipe given below is light, delicious and delicate. Do try it at home, it will surely taste better than market bought coffee cafe.
Coffee cake recipe is everyone’s favourite. No one can go wrong with the choice of a moist coffee cake served with tea / coffee or as a post lunch snack. This recipe is simple with it ingredients list, however you can improvise and customize to your taste by adding walnuts or jams.
Making a coffee cake from scratch is easy and it doesn’t take much time. The recipe given below will serve 16 slices and can be prepared in 15 minutes of time. The total cooking time required is 45 minutes.
Ingredients required for Coffee Cake Recipe
2.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1.5 tablespoon of instant coffee
1 large egg (beaten egg will be used)
0.75 cups of milk (whole milk preferred)
1 tablespoon of instant coffee powder
1 cup of butter (softened preferred)
1 cup of white sugar (scant preferred)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
0.5 teaspoon of salt
1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (grounded preferred)
Cooking Instructions for Coffee Cake Recipe from scratch
- Before you start making the batter, preheat your oven at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Take a cake pan of 9 inches and grease it evenly, so that cake doesn’t stick to the walls of cake pan.
- Take a large bowl and mix 0.25 cups of all-purpose flour with 0.75 cups of sugar. Sift them properly.
Now add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to it.
- Cut in butter till the time the mixture looks much similar to crushed coarse crumbs. Keep these crumbs aside for a while.
- Next take another large bowl and add 1 cups of all-purpose flour in it. Also add 0.75 cup of sugar with baking powder and salt in quantities as mention above in ingredient list. Mix everything well in the bowl.
- Mix instant coffee powder in hot boiling water and add to the large bowl prepared in step 5 above.
- Take a measuring cup and crack a large egg in it. Fill the cup with milk to make the total quantity equals to 1 cup. Now add vanilla essence and stir in the egg and milk.
- Add crumb mixture to the mix just made in batches and stir in. The mixture will be moistened. Mix them evenly in one direction so as to avoid the lumps and maintaining the flavour of the cake. The consistency of the cake will be stiff in the start, when you continue with cut and fold method it will be just fine.
- Pour everything prepared above in the already greased 9 inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle or spread the top of poured cake batter with streusel or the crumby toppings you made earlier. This is where the heavenly feeling of cake will come.
- Place the cake pan in the preheated oven and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Test the cake while taking out with toothpick. Insert toothpick in the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is properly baked. If it comes out with some sticky cake pieces then you need to bake the cake for little more time. Repeat toothpick test until you get it just fine.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down for 30 minutes.
- Slice the cake and serve it.
- You can also add 1.5 cups or 1 can of pecans in the toppings to coffee cake recipe if you prefer. Use chopped pecans and introduces them in step 3 and step 4 of the recipe mentioned above.
- For toppings you can also substitute 0.75 cups of white sugar with brown sugar.
- If you can get a cake pan with relatively higher wall sides, then it will be great. You can also use glass bowls 9 inches or above to bake this cake.
- Bake till the time it is no longer jiggly.
- The cake tastes best when served warm.
Hope you enjoyed making of this easy to make coffee cake recipe. It taste great and effortless to prepare with simple ingredients.
Let us know how you like this article. Like it and Rate it below.
Thanks for rating this article
0 stars - by
Neha loves writing for expertscolumn as she consider this writing website as one of the best platform for writers to get noticed and earn online.
Yellow dal fry is a very popular Indian main food dish especially in Northern India. Making dal fry is very easy and takes few minutes only.
Carrot cake is healthy to eat and easy to make. This simple carrot cake recipe will make you lick your fingers.
Chocolate cake recipes are very special because everyone from kids to young ones loves eating chocolates! Moist chocolate cakes are yummy and simple in making. These cakes are rich in taste and can be served as dessert.