Healthy Besan Ka Cheela Recipe
Image Source - https://in.pinterest.com/pin/351703052125718690/
This is instant recipe cooked by Indians mostly in breakfast. Gram flour is heavy and only 1 pancake is more than enough in place of a meal.
Besan Ka Cheela Healthy Recipe
Gram flour/Besan is often used in starters, desserts, snacks and breakfast meals like pancakes. It is very commonly cooked food item known as besan ka cheela. As it is less time consuming, mostly suggested in diet schedules.
Gram flour pancakes are the best source of low fat, proteins, dietary fiber, vitamin C, protein and Vitamin A. Apart from this, vegetables carrying high nutritious value, develops physical strength which helps them to perform activities. Hence, these pancakes are given special preference by parents to their child.
This recipe of gram flour pancake is going to be cooked in a non-stick pan and before starting, gather all the ingredients because every single tool is essential to make it healthy, tasty and crispy. One thing more, if you are making this for first time, make sure that you cook in low flame as the pancake should get cooked well.
Now let’s start our delicious recipe.
Gram flour- 1 cup.
Oil- 1 tsp.
Very Small size- onion, tomato, capsicum, garlic, and green chilly.
Carrot grated- 1 small size.
Cabbage- 1 leaf.
French beans- 2 pieces.
Spring leaves- 1 piece.
Jeera (cumin seeds)- ½ tsp.
Jwain (carom seeds)- ½ tsp.
Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves)- 1 tsp.
Coriander- ¼ cup finely chopped.
Salt- 1tsp or as per taste.
Water- ½ cup.
Steps to Make Besan ka Cheela / Gram Flour Pancake
- Take 1 cup gram flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add ¼ cup finely chopped- onion, tomato, capsicum, garlic, grated carrot, green chilly, cabbage, beans, spring leaves, fenugreek leaves and coriander. Make sure that no large pieces of ingredients in the batter, becomes difficult to spread the cheela in the pan.
- Now add spices – ajwain ( carom seeds), jeera (cumin seeds) and salt.
- Add ½ cup water first. Whisk everything and if the batter looks thick, you can add water more or less.
- Make a smooth batter by whisking it continuously to avoid lumps and easy to spread in the pan.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan on a low flame. Make pan smooth by drizzling oil so that it carries the batter smoothly. Then take a ladle full of batter and pour on the pan gently. Remember that your hand should be gently while spreading the batter, so that the pancake does not break.
- Cook on a low flame, till the top of pancake gets light brown.
- Remember one more thing, the edges of pancakes also needs to be cooked. For this, you can drizzle ½ to 1 tsp oil all around.
- Now flip and cook the other side of pancake.
- Cook this side in same manner.
- Now fold and serve hot with tomato ketchup or other sauces.
- This pancake can be cooked plain by adding only salt and red chili powder is sufficient to make. Gram flour is heavy and can be cooked without adding vegetables but results in simple taste.
- Green chilly can be avoided in recipe, for small children.
- You can skip oil if you want to prepare oil free pancakes because the pan has the advantage of non-sticking. This will result in proper diet recipe.
- Carrots are grated, as they get mixed along and adds flavor in the batter. Hence, finely chopped carrots may break the pancake while spreading.
- Finely chopped garlic adds taste and essence in pancakes and smells delicious.
- Add more water depending upon the texture of the batter and whisk well.
- Don’t skip any ingredient. Hence, the nutritious value of each is compulsory to complete our recipe.
- Flame should be always low because high flame will burn our pancake.
Today I am sharing very healthy and easy recipe of vegetable rava/semolina upma. Anyone can easily prepare this recipe and upma is a good recipe to start with for newbie cooks..
In this Article I have tried to list all the maggi noodles recipe I have experimented with and successfully finished the bowl of tasteful maggi. Maggi has been my all time favourite for almost every evening when I did not felt like munching on casual tea and biscuits, cookies or any other snack..
Vegetable fried rice recipe is simple to make and yummy to eat!. Here you can learn to make fried rice Indian Chinese style.
to comment on this post.